Passionate, dedicated and knowledgeable, our Sales team have proven credentials and are committed to supporting our retailers through careful, insightful and personal account management. We are looking for an energetic, flexible and enthusiastic Action Sports Key Account Manager to join our team. This role will oversee Germany and will be home based with travel throughout Germany & Austria. We will also consider applications from those who wish to be an Agent.
About the role:
The primary purpose of this job is to secure sales and distribution gains across all brands within our action sports categories (Heelys, Skateboard, Scooter, Rollerskate plus more) through positive sales relationships with new and existing customers.
What will I be accountable for?
- Setting and maintaining high standards by providing exceptional customer service.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers through frequent contact and pro-active communication.
- Making appropriate sales presentations, negotiating the terms of the sales agreement and accurately recording sales and order information.
- Pre-empting and responding to customer needs through active listening to gain a clear understanding of their business and target consumer.
- Managing the contact database for the assigned territory for marketing purposes.
- Liaising with the warehouse and others in the sales team to check the progress of existing orders.
- Deliver concise and action orientated reports to ensure the brand remains informed and relevant.
- Representing Shiner at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- Managing the returns process as appropriate.
- Reviewing own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Interacting with other teams within the business, especially the Finance, Marketing, Warehouse and NPD departments.
- Attending team and review meetings to share best practice and discuss ongoing strategy.
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Reflects the brands and their values.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and influencing skills.
- ‘Can do’ attitude and results orientated.
- Team player – reliable, determined, supportive.
- Calm under pressure, able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately.
- Adaptable style of communication and presentation to suit different customers.
- Passionate about relationship building and customer service.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel to customers across Germany & Austria, with a full driving licence.
- Has connections and established relationships within target distribution sector.
- Excellent conversational and written English.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience in key account management.
- Has an understanding of and experience within the Action Sports industry.
- Adept in use of NAV (or similar), MS Office, internet and email.
- Able to demonstrate competence in numeracy and literacy.
More About US
Our vision is to connect with, excite and inspire whilst promoting an active lifestyle through our portfolio of global brands. We are dedicated to nurturing and growing brands strategically and sustainably. Our carefully considered stewardship and close vendor relationships serve to ensure long term brand equity.
We are a friendly, down to earth and hardworking team, with our Head Office located in Bristol. UK. We offer a competitive salary in addition to lifestyle benefits and a fantastic working culture.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV (written in English) with a short covering note and salary expectations.