Passionate, dedicated and knowledgeable, our Sales team have proven credentials and are committed to supporting our retailers through careful, insightful and personal account management. We are looking for an energetic, flexible and enthusiastic Country Manager to join our team. This role will oversee Spain, Portugal and the Iberian coast and will be based in Spain.
About the role:
The primary purpose of this job is to plan, direct and carry out sales and marketing activities in accordance with the Business Strategy and Sales Business Plan. This activity will maintain and secure sales and distribution gains of our brands through positive sales relationships with new and existing customers to accounts in Spain, Portugal and Iberia. In addition this role will prove exceptional levels of customer service to our customers, partners and end users.
What will I be accountable for?
- Establishing, developing and maintaining strong, professional relationships with partners and customers through frequent visits, pro-active communication, regular contact and responding to queries and requests promptly and efficiently.
- Making appropriate sales presentations, negotiating the terms of sales agreements, sending emails with information, data and proposals and accurately processing and recording sales and order information on Nav.
- Pre-empting, responding and listening to customers to maintain high standards of customer service and to understand their business/product needs and target consumers.
- Maintaining the price schedules, margins and discount rates.
- Managing the contact database for marketing purposes.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the sales activity, performance and training of the any sales executives or agents.
- Monitor and report on sales activity using KPIs to provide relevant management information and forecast future sales.
- Confer and consult with the Shiner Directors and marketing department to develop the marketing and sales plan, secure purchasing information relevant to the sales function and aid business development.
- Assess marketing potential of new and existing store locations.
- Liaising with the Warehouse teams in Bristol to check the progress of existing orders, providing updates where relevant, highlighting any potential delays and managing complaints.
- Preparing budgets and reports on sales activities.
- Providing frequent market research and insights on consumer, competitor and product trends.
- Conducting regular gap analysis for the relevant brands within the region.
- Representing Shiner at seasonal trade shows.
- Reviewing own sales performance.
- Making appropriate calls to remind customers of invoice payment and managing the credit control process for the region.
- Managing the daily publications and responding to questions via the social media sites.
- Assisting other departments with translation.
- Interacting with other teams, especially Finance, Marketing and the Warehouse.
- Attending regular meetings at the Bristol head office.
- Sharing best practice with sales colleagues.
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Passion and/or knowledge for the action sports industry, understands and reflects our brands.
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills.
- ‘Can do’ attitude and results orientated.
- Strong customer service focus and desire to build relationships.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel to customers across the Benelux region.
- Strong customer service focus and an eye for detail.
- Calm under pressure, organised and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately.
Education and Experience:
- Adept in use of NAV (or similar) and MS Office.
- Full driving licence.
- Fluent Spanish speaker and fluent/strong competence in English.